Transition House Program Coordinator 2
Location – Prince George
Permanent Full Time
The Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry Society is accepting applications for a full time, Program Coordinator 2. This position is in Prince George at Amber House, our 17 bed transition house facility. The Coordinator will organize the day to day operations of the Prince George Transition House and will ensure the house operates in a professional and efficient manner with attention to a feminist approach, confidentiality, and in compliance with the policies and procedures of the organization. The house coordinator will also provide ongoing leadership and mentoring to the Amber House staff.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- A minimum of a diploma in Human/Social Services or related field
- At least three (3) years’ recent related work experience, working within a feminist framework
- Experience in the community social services sector and in the criminal justice systems and community based programs
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge about the dynamics of abuse, sexual assault, historical sexual abuse, criminal harassment and cultural diversity.
- Strong ability to compile statistics and records management data, policies and procedures.
- Strong ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of professional boundaries.
- Recruitment and supervisory skills including coaching and conducting performance evaluations in conjunction with the program manager.
- Good knowledge of other community services and resources and ability to provide appropriate referrals.
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals facing multiple barriers
- Ability to work with diverse clientele and staff
- Ability to engage in public education to raise awareness of physical or sexual assault and/or abuse.
- Ability to develop community relationships and liaise with community service agencies.
- Proficient computer literacy including database programs and strong record keeping skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license and use of own vehicle for transportation if required
$26.94 – $31.97 (Collective agreement)
Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday – 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday – 3:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Friday – 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Anticipated Start Date
As soon as possible
Submit cover letter and resume to Bally Bassi, MA
Community, Social and Justice Programs Manager
in person or by email: email@example.com.
Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L9
This is a Union Position