Location – Prince George
Performs a variety of administrative duties in our office; prepares correspondence, reports, and other documents; maintains a variety of financial and accounting records, files, data entry into computerized accounting and related filing systems. The candidate is required to work in a busy environment and within a feminist based, women-centered philosophy.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum grade 12, plus related post-secondary courses in office and accounting procedures is required.
- Two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Provides word processing, data input and typing support such as correspondence, meeting minutes, forms, client information; updates databases and sends reports as required; drafts routine correspondence such as thank you letters, client appointment letters and internal memoranda.
- Prepares, updates and prints program brochures using a software package. Ensures supplies of up-to-date handouts and resource materials are available.
- Answers telephone and in-person inquiries; routes to appropriate staff members if required. Sorts and distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail; operates a variety of office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, facsimile equipment.
- Maintains a variety of financial records such as petty cash fund, purchase orders and cheque requisitions.
- Checks source documents such as time-sheets, invoices and expense claim forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Performs basic calculations from source documents such as the total number of hours worked from employees’ time-sheets and the total amount owed to vendors from invoices.
- Inputs data from source documents into computerized accounting systems or spreadsheets.
- Files documents such as invoices, cheque requisitions and bills; maintains the filing systems in accordance with established guidelines.
- Processes/reconciles petty cash and or internal claims, such as travel, mileage, training advances etc.
- Prepares and deposits cash receipts; maintains records.
- Performs other related duties as required.
$15.74 – $18.35 (collective agreement)
Monday to Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Anticipated Start Date:
Submit cover letter and resume by noon January 25, 2017, to Rhonda Camozzi,
in person or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L9
This is a Union position.