Part Time Housing Assistant
Location – Prince George
Provides a variety of clerical assistance in an office; prepares correspondence reports and other documents; maintains a variety of financial and other records files and related filing systems. Provides on-site assistance to market and show residential units. This position is required to work in a busy environment and within a feminist-based, and tenant centered philosophy.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12, plus related post-secondary courses in office procedures is required.
- Experience with property management and knowledge of Residential Tenancy legislation is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working with marginalized populations, including people living with physical and mental disabilities.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- The Housing Assistant must have a valid BC Driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and willing to participate in a Criminal Record search.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Performs work processing, data input and typing support to prepare correspondence, meeting minutes, forms, tenancy agreements, letters, notices, invoices, contact lists, reports, and internal memorandum.
- Answers phone and in person housing inquiries. Replies to general information requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides support to housing manager to advertise unit vacancies, show units, verify accuracy of housing applications and complete reference checks on potential tenants as required.
- Use desktop software applications to generate spreadsheets, promotional material, brochures and other documents as required; compile tenant and program information and produce reports and statistics as required.
- Receive and complete work order requests from tenants and send to maintenance staff; maintain work order records.
- Respond to tenant inquires, provide information, liaise with and maintain positive tenant relationships.
- Maintain tenant file and agency file documentation.
- Assist in the collection of rent and damage deposits, create and complete monthly tenant receipts.
- Assist housing manager in the maintenance of a variety of financial records such as security deposit summaries, rent records and replacement reserve expenditures.
- Assist housing manager and maintenance coordinator in maintaining inventory and purchases of consumables and supplies.
- Assist program manager and maintenance coordinator in administrative records pertaining to unit turn-overs.
- Collect laundry coins, roll and wrap for deposit.
- Promote a healthy and safe work environment.
- Ensure that the Agency and Code of Conduct and Ethics are maintained.
- Be on-call to respond to tenant emergencies on a rotational basis.
- Assist in coordination and completion of projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
$15.95 to 18.60 (collective agreement)
Tuesday to Friday: 9 AM – 2 PM
Anticipated Start Date:
April 2, 2017
Submit cover letter and resume by noon March 31st, 2017, to Claudette Plante
Housing Programs Manager
in person or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Housing Programs Manager
Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L9
This is a Union position.