Housing Maintenance Coordinator
Location – Prince George
The Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Housing Society is accepting application for a permanent, full-time position. The person in this position is required to work in a busy environment to keep the multiple residential complex properties maintained and operating 24 hours a day; to implement and follow Elizabeth Fry Society service programs, policies and procedures, including a monthly routine, preventative and corrective maintenance program and inventory control log; must me able to assist in coordinating other maintenance staff and follow safe work practices. The maintenance Coordinator is expected to assist the Housing Manager in budget adherence through cost and time-saving suggestions regarding maintenance operations, inventory control, and ordering of supplies with proper authorization. Some work is required outside of normal office hours, but usually is kept to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Duties will include completion of service requests, scheduling and performing preventative maintenance, property inspections, coordination of contractors, coordination and supervision of maintenance staff.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Minimum qualification for this position is grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent
- Two years full-time experience in property maintenance
- Solid understanding and ability to conduct basic carpentry, plumbing and electric functions
- Ability to communicate verbally and written with good English skills
- Able to implement work safety programs
- Must be bondable
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and have above average organization, time and general management skills
- A high level of knowledge of residential maintenance systems
- Basic knowledge of mechanical equipment
- Proficient in writing reports
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience and knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act will be an asset
***Eligibility requires that you have not received services from the Elizabeth Fry Society and the Elizabeth Fry Housing Society for a minimum of 2 years, and that you declare any relationships that you may currently have with present staff and/or tenants.***
$22.93 per hour
40 Hours per week
Anticipated Start Date:
Submit cover letter and resume by noon March 10, 2017, to Claudette Plante,
in person or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Housing Society
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L9
This is a Union position.