Finance Program Coordinator/Bookkeeper
Location – Prince George
Nature of Position
The Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry Society is accepting resumes for a full time, Finance Coordinator/Bookkeeper. This position is in Prince George at our main office at 1575 Fifth Ave. The Finance Program Coordinator/Bookkeeper is responsible to plan, oversee, coordinate and direct the day to day accounting functions of the organization including payroll and benefit administration, providing direction to bookkeeping staff, and responsible for ensuring accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking are completed. Responsible for balance sheet reconciliation, including coordination of documents required to produce reconciliations, financial summaries and reporting and assist the finance manager with preparing financial statements, reports and audit preparation. The coordinator will provide guidance and clarification to finance staff. Provide work direction, review work and ensure completion of tasks for the finance department. Provide guidance and clarification on policies and procedures to ensure compliance, and provide assistance to the financial manager in training of staff. Coordinator provides communication in a professional manner to Board of Directors, ED, Managers, staff, and stakeholders. Coordinator must have strong ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
Required Education, Training and Experience
• A minimum of a diploma in Accounting or Business Administration or related field
Minimum of two years of recently related experience in accounting or equivalent combination of education, training and business experience, as well as advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Payroll Certificate an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Requires expertise in the areas of accounting practices, financial policies and planning, and allocation and controls of approved budgets. Excellent ability to reconcile balance sheet accounts.
• Strong ability to coordinate work requirements and provide task distribution and clarification
• Strong ability to compile statistics and records management data, policies and procedures, faced with multiple demands with time pressures to finish specific job tasks.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical and critical thinking skills, ability to identify, adapt and apply procedures and approaches to address irregular situations, while maintaining compliance with regulations.
• Superior attention to detail and tracking down answers. Excellent coordination and organizational skills.
• Excellent ability to apply analysis and interpretation of finance operations and choose an approach using accepted procedures to plan, implement and oversee operation of the finance program.
• Strong ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate a high degree of professionalism.
• Excellent computer literacy including accounting software and excel.
• Excellent accounting skills, strong understanding of business principles and practices.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Honesty and integrity
$23.23 – $27.06 (collective agreement) – under JJEP review
Usually daytime – Monday to Friday – some evenings required
Anticipated Start Date:
Bernadette Goudreau, CPA,CMA
Fax: 250-563-8765 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L9
This is a Union position.