Transition House Program House Cook
Location – Prince George
Temporary Part Time
The Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry Society is accepting applications for a temporary part-time Transition House Cook. This position is in Prince George at Amber House, our 17 bed transition house facility. The House cook will develop menu plans, prepare meals and oversee the operation of the eating and cooking areas of Amber Transition House.
The house cook ensures they are operating in a professional and efficient manner with attention to a feminist approach, confidentiality, and compliance with the Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society’s policies and procedures.
This position requires an ability to work in a stressful environment. Transition House Workers are often dealing with clients working through difficult situations.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- A minimum of a grade 10 Education
- At least one year (1) year recent related work experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with cooking, meal planning and serving
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Well-developed organizational skills; ability to multi-task and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Model and promote strength based, women centered best practices
- Model and practice safe cooking practices
- Experience with ordering and purchasing foods and supplies for cooking
- Knowledge and experience working with individuals facing multiple barriers
- Ability to work with diverse clientele and staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s license and use of own vehicle for transportation if required
- Satisfactory criminal records check
$20.11 – $23.42 (Collective Agreement)
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
Anticipated Start Date
As soon as possible
Submit cover letter and resume to Bally Bassi, MA
Community, Social and Justice Programs Manager
in person or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prince George and District Elizabeth Fry Society
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC, V2L 3L9
This is a Union Position