Family Support Worker – Burns Lake
Permanent Part time
Nature of the Position
The Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry Society is accepting applications for a part time Family Support Worker. This is an MCFD family program. The successful candidate will develop, implement and evaluate family based intervention plans and work closely with MCFD with the primary priority to keep families together where possible. This role must bring a strong focus on strength-based family systems and attachment based counselling and support, in order to promote a safe and healthy living environment for the child/children. With support from the supervisor provide clinical observation, assessment and reports. This position is required to work flexible hours. Travel is also a requirement and will include travelling in winter road conditions. This position requires an ability to work in a stressful environment, often dealing with families working through difficult situations.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, or related field.
- Qualifications will also include one (1) year related experience delivering services specifically to families, children and youth.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge of related community services and resources
- Excellent knowledge of trauma informed practice, attachment, and positive family functioning
- Good understanding of the current Family Law Act
- Ability to complete family assessments, goal setting and service plans, therapeutic planning and interventions as well as transition planning
- Teach and model parenting skills, problem solving, healthy communication and strategies to enhance family functioning.
- Provide strength based family systems and attachment based counselling and support.
- Provide culturally agile services
- Participate in Integrated Case Management meetings relevant to the referred family (ies)
- Facilitate and support the family in attending appointments with MCFD staff and/or other community support services involved for the purpose of addressing need and supporting change
- Support the child, youth and caregiver(s) through transition planning to affect a successful return to the family home.
- Provide services which are goal oriented, time limited, and comprehensive.
- Superior ability to interact effectively with and support children and family
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- Strong communication, data collection, observation, file notes and written reporting skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain satisfactory criminal record and vulnerable sector search
- You must possess and maintain a valid B.C. Class 5 driver’s licence, with a clear driver’s abstract, and a vehicle in good working condition.
$23.23 – $27.06
Current Shift Schedule
25 per week permanent. Will top up to 35 hours per week until March 31, 2021
Anticipated Start Date
Submit cover letter and resume to Tamara Bjorgan,
Women’s Services Manager
in person or by email: email@example.com
Elizabeth Fry Society
PO Box 316
Burns Lake, BC, V0J 1E0
This is a Union position.