Permanent Full Time
Do you support women, youth, and children impacted by the justice system? Is an intersectional feminist focus important to you? Are you an inspirational and dynamic leader who can effectively lead us through the next stage of our journey?
We are seeking to fill the role of:
Reporting to the two, connected Boards of Directors, you are responsible for strategic direction, program and service development, operations, management and team development, financial management and planning, and assessing operational risk. Public relations and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders are key to the role.
You have knowledge and understanding of the history and current issues involving social justice, violence against women, and access to housing. You are an experienced champion of an intersectional, anti-oppression, equality approach and have a strong understanding of the over-criminalization of Indigenous women.
Ideally, you have:
- A university master’s or degree in a relevant field and a minimum of five years’ senior management and direct supervisory experience in the social services non-profit sector. Experience in a unionized environment is desired.
- A demonstrated knowledge of women’s incarceration and the legacy of systemic racism on Indigenous women.
- Clear knowledge of and commitment to intersectional feminist and anti-racist approaches, inclusiveness and diversity.
- Demonstrated political awareness, and knowledge of funding sources, with a demonstrated ability to seek and maintain funding over the long-term.
- Experience working with non-profit boards. A strong understanding of the social and non-profit housing sectors is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to guide the strategic direction of an organization, with innovation.
- Proven ability to create a caring and positive work culture.
- Demonstrated ability to manage extensive budgets and undertake financial planning at a comprehensive level.
The anticipated start date for this position is May 2021. Additional information about the Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry, and the detailed job description and qualifications can be found on our website www.pgefry.bc.ca/careers/
To apply for this position please submit a resume, and cover letter by, December 6, 2020, to:
Diane Bourret, 3 Green Lights