Early Years/CAPC Program Coordinator
Location – Prince George
Nature of Position
The Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry Society is accepting applications for a full time Early Years Program Coordinator/CAPC (Community Action Program for Children) Coordinator to join the South Fort George Family Resource Centre team. This position has the primary focus of providing support and drop in programming for families with children aged 0-6 years. The Early Years Program Coordinator/CAPC (Community Action Program for Children) Program Coordinator will practice from family centered perspective model to identify and connect families to a variety of services throughout community. The role also includes providing families with non-child care early learning opportunities. The Early Years Coordinator/CAPC (Community Action Program for Children) Coordinator will work from a feminist, harm reduction, family centered perspective in order to improve health and development outcomes for families with children aged 0 to 6.
This person must demonstrate the skills and abilities necessary to provide individual and group support to families with children 0 to 6 years of age. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong background in early childhood development, good interpersonal communication, both oral and written skills, ability to develop and deliver community workshops, ability to conduct children’s programming, and have knowledge around the effects of trauma and systemic pressures that marginalize at risk families. Also required is knowledge of community agencies and referral procedures. Computer knowledge, well developed organizational skills, ability to complete statistical reports, capacity to work independently and be a self-starter are required for this position. A vehicle in sound mechanical condition and valid class 5 drivers license is required for this position.
Required Education, Training and Experience
- Diploma in a related human/social service field.
- Early Childhood Education license an asset
- Qualifications will also include two (2) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Gathers information relevant to the client’s problems, needs and risks by interviewing, observing behaviour, meeting with caregivers and service providers and using a variety of inventories, checklists and questionnaires. Assesses the information gathered to identify client problems, needs and risks. Develops and implements an intervention plan within program guidelines.
- Provides support, guidance and problem-solving to clients to address issues related to family functioning in an individual or group setting using techniques such as active listening, conflict resolution, basic group counselling techniques and psycho-educational group methods to resolve the identified problems, needs and risks.
- Participates in the development, modification and evaluation of client service plans with the integrated case management team. Participates in integrated case management meetings on a regular basis to report clients’ activities and progress.
- Outlines services provided by the program and/or organization. Provides information on and referral to other community service providers, resources and professionals as required.
- Provides parenting skill building to clients on issues such as parent-child interaction, child development, discipline and guidance, and behaviour management.
- Provides emotional support and feedback to clients.
- Plans and conducts group educational sessions on topics related to family functioning.
- Liaises with and/or promotes the interests of clients with other community service providers, professionals and school personnel as required. Accompanies clients to meetings and appointments as required.
- Maintains related records and statistics and provides reports to the supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as required.
$22.02 – $25.65 Collective Agreement Grid Level 12
Current Shift Schedule
35 hours per week (17.5 hours with Early Years Program, 17.5 with CAPC (Community Action Program for Children)
Anticipated Start Date
As soon as possible
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the address below:
Prince George & District Elizabeth Fry Society
Attention Shannon Smith
1575 – 5th Avenue
Prince George, BC V2L 3L9
This is a union position